Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 14, 2017
As a MACHINIST/CNC MACHINIST under general supervision, you will be required to set up, adjust, and operate a variety of machine tools which may include computerized numeric control lathes, mills and manually operated equipment such as engine lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, etc.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Will be required to read blueprints, perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Perform inspection procedures to verify work using precision measuring instruments, machinists’ hand tools, machinists’ handbooks, sketches, fixtures, tables and charts.
- Expertise in a particular machining process or work on one single purpose machine which may involve multiple machining processes.
- Thorough knowledge of, and apply, machine shop theory and practice including machinability of metals to select feeds, speeds, and cutting oils and coolants.
- CNC Programming experience using Edgecam or similar offline software a plus.
Physical Limitations: Work may require lifting, pulling, and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds; frequent bending, climbing stairs, and reaching; standing up to six (6) hours per day.