Posted by: email@example.com
February 15, 2017
As a SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK you will check incoming shipments for accuracy, store, and stock material within the warehouse. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, demonstrate professionalism and adhere to safety standards at all time.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Proficient using shipping computer software: UPS/FedEx/DHL
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Verify the accuracy of all shipping and receiving documentation
- Partner with the inventory control to resolve any discrepancies
- Assist in counting of inventory
- Prepare and generate shipping labels, BOL’s and packing labels, export paperwork and packing slips to route materials
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Examine received goods and compare with records, manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments
- Coordinate last minute shipping requests with carriers and Sales Department, expediting all orders as necessary
- Employee will need the ability to be Fork Truck Certified and operate small hand tools and equipment
- Valid Driver’s License needed
- Data entry experience with strong attention to accuracy and detail a plus.
Physical Limitations: Work may require lifting, pulling, and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds; frequent bending, climbing stairs, and reaching; standing up to six (6) hours per day.